Dr. Jennifer Dietrich, who is the Chief of Pediatric Gynecology in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Baylor College of Medicine recently showed me a list of advice she’d been given in the past. It’s a great list, so I thought I’d share it!
- Give important emails 24 hours for a well thought out response.
- Say yes to the things you want to do and that make a difference in your career.
- Find time to protect yourself.
- It is ok to say no sometimes.
- Ask for help if you have reached your limit.
- Try not to bring work home or at least confine work to the weekdays and weekends you are assigned to be on call/on service.
- Make an appointment with yourself to exercise, relax, go out to dinner, etc.
- Plan each year to go to the dentist, doctor, address medical needs and protect that time.